Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Post Date:August 5, 2019
- Apply Before: September 6, 2019
- Applications: 3
CallMiner empowers organizations of any size to extract and act on intelligence from customer interactions and feedback, including live and recorded calls, chat, email, social platforms and surveys, for improving customer experience, sales, marketing, compliance, and agent and customer engagement center performance. Highlighted by multiple customer achievement awards, including eight Speech Technology implementation awards in the past six years, CallMiner was recently named a leader in the industry analyst report Forrester New Wave: AI-Fueled Speech Analytics Solutions, Q2 2018.
At CallMiner, we hire great people and challenge them every day. CallMiner team members are passionate about delivering innovative technology solutions and industry leading customer success. Core to our culture is the power of feedback which we leverage to improve our own organization every day in every way. To hear more about what it’s like to work at CallMiner, watch our video at Careers.CallMiner.com
The principle responsibilities for QA Automation Engineer is to build, work with and improve automation frameworks, create new test automation, execute tests on a nightly basis, and support the QA organization in its automation goals.
- Analyze current regression tests and convert to automated tests and implement tests as needed to improve automation coverage.
- As new features are released, work with QA team members to determine which new regression tests should be automated.
- Automate regression tests of newly released features as needed and add to nightly test runs.
- Integrate test automation suites into a continuous integration/continuous deployment system.
- Review nightly automated regression test results and diagnose failures as environmental issues, build issues, or potential software bugs.
- Maintain automation framework as architectural changes and new features cause existing automated tests to fail due to changes in various software components.
- Work with respective QA and Development team members to diagnose and enter bugs as necessary.
- Automate regression tests of bug fixes as needed.
- Participate in manual testing of new software features as needed
- Work with Automation team members to continue to develop and refine the overall Automation Framework for all new products, and features including internal test results reporting websites and databases used by all QA team members.
- Mentor others in the use of technology as it pertains to automation.
- Provide documentation on the use of tools and test suites used in automation.
Additional Skills and Specifications:
- Review functional and design specifications.
- Identify test requirements from specifications & map test case requirements.
- Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases.
- Maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Willingness to acquire knowledge on new technologies to solve quality problems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently, self-directed and solutions-oriented.
- Sound organizational and planning skills with a solid attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Quality Management Software and Processes.
- Experience in Agile software development and Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with JIRA and other Atlassian tools and products.
Education and Qualifications
- BS or BA degree preferred (degree in Computer Science, Quality Control or Quality Assurance, or a related major).
- 5+ years of relevant QA experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing and scripting test automation.
- 3+ years of large enterprise or e-business systems experience- preferred, not required.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in one or more programming and or scripting languages (i.e. Java, C#, Python, Perl)
- Experience with one or more Automation Framework environments (i.e. Eclipse, Visual Studio, Maven, TestNG, NUnit, Jenkins)
- Experience with source control management (i.e. GIT, TFS, Perforce)
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in one or more database environments (i.e. MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)