Corporate Counsel – Technology Transactions and Privacy
- Post Date:January 12, 2019
- Apply Before: March 31, 2019
- Applications: 45
CallMiner is a proud provider of interaction analytics solutions. With 15 years of industry leadership and over 2 billion hours of conversations mined, we are able to deliver exceptional value to customers by delivering highly effective, usable, and scalable speech and text analytics solutions.
We help businesses and organizations improve contact center performance and gather key business intelligence by automating their ability perform analysis on every customer interaction. CallMiner’s market leading cloud-based voice of the customer analytics platform automatically analyzes contacts across all communication channels including: calls, chats, emails, SMS, surveys and social media.
CallMiner’s legal team is seeking a Corporate Counsel who thrives in a fast-paced, high-performing and collaborative environment to join its team. Reporting to the VP of Legal. This individual will work cross functionally to facilitate the timely review, negotiation, and completion of agreements. The individual will also serve as a resource within CallMiner to address and oversee data privacy and GDPR compliance.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of complex agreements including: SaaS licensing agreements, partner agreements, non-disclosure agreements, data protection agreements, BAA’s, vendor agreements, and consulting agreements, among others.
- Identify terms that vary from corporate standards to ensure accuracy and compliance, recommend appropriate modifications, engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders in the sales, finance, marketing, product, operations teams, and other internal teams as may be required.
- Perform the drafting, review and negotiation of Privacy and Data Protection matters related to customer, vendor, and third-party contracts (e.g., data transfer agreements, model clauses, privacy notices/policies).
- Monitor and provide legal advice regarding privacy and data protection laws and regulations (both international and domestic) impacting business units and assist in devising compliance methods that meet goals and objectives.
- Quickly understand the business objectives and risk tolerance, identify legal or contractual issues, communicate those issues both internally and externally, and perform a risk/benefit analysis.
- Ability to devise legal solutions to business objectives which reduce risk and costs.
- Anticipate and mitigate potential risk within the organization, and to develop and implement appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Escalate legal and contractual issues and terms within the company as may be required.
- Guide the internal document review process, ensuring reviews are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Interact effectively and comfortably with all levels of management within the business.
- Ability to absorb information quickly and produce accurate work product in a timely manner.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters and provide substantive support for the company on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with initiatives to strengthen the legal department and business operations through systems improvements and the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes, and procedures.
- Juris Doctors and membership in good standing in at least one state bar
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with data privacy and security matters, as well as software and information technology transactions, and a demonstrated interest in growing their experience in each of these areas.
- Tactful with strong negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to solve problems and utilize good business judgment
- Detail oriented, well organized, and technically-adept
- Ability to build relationships across the business and work effectively together to solve problems
- Sense of humor with an ability to fit into a hardworking and sociable team
- A high degree of self-sufficiency, while still being collaborative cross-functionally
- In-depth knowledge of domestic and foreign privacy and data protection law and regulations is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com, DocuSign, and SpringCM or a similar contract management system is a plus