Quality Assurance Engineer
- Post Date:July 8, 2019
- Applications: 14
CallMiner empowers organizations of any size to extract and act on intelligence from customer interactions and feedback, including live and recorded calls, chat, email, social platforms and surveys, for improving customer experience, sales, marketing, compliance, and agent and customer engagement center performance. Highlighted by multiple customer achievement awards, including eight Speech Technology implementation awards in the past six years, CallMiner was recently named a leader in the industry analyst report Forrester New Wave: AI-Fueled Speech Analytics Solutions, Q2 2018.
At CallMiner, we hire great people and challenge them every day. CallMiner team members are passionate about delivering innovative technology solutions and industry leading customer success. Core to our culture is the power of feedback which we leverage to improve our own organization every day in every way. To hear more about what it’s like to work at CallMiner, watch our video at Careers.CallMiner.com
The purpose of Software Testing and Quality Assurance Analyst is to provide the means and also the measures for testing all the aspects of a software solution, both functionally and technically, in order to meet the requirements and overall quality of the intended solution.
- Utilize quality tools & processes of various data sources in order to find & identify quality issues.
- Work closely with internal business units and/or clients to resolve any quality issues.
- Create test plan components; execute the plan and follow all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other external systems.
- Ensure that testing is well defined, planned and executed. The analyst does this by ensuring that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live.
- The Quality Assurance Analyst may be responsible for Backend Testing focused on testing the database portion of the software solution & how the database interacts with the software solution; functional testing of everyday blackbox software; or in some cases, automating test scripts and deploys these scripts using automation software like Selenium and SOAPUI.
Skills and Specifications:
- Willingness to acquire knowledge on new technologies to solve quality problems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently, self-directed and solutions-oriented.
- Sound organizational and planning skills with a solid attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Quality Management Software and Processes
- Experience in Agile software development and Scrum methodologies
- Experience with JIRA and other Atlassian tools and products
- Experience with API testing
- Experience with databases – SQL and MongoDB
- Experience with tools like Postman, Fiddler, Wireshark, JMeter
- Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software solution being tested
- Business process understanding
- Review functional and design specifications
- Backend testing which may include: database – validating stored procs, jobs and triggers, utilizing queueing systems, reviewing logs, or using other tools to confirm the software is working properly.
- Identify test requirements from specifications & map test case requirements
- Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases.
- Maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
Education and Qualifications:
- BS or BA degree preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant QA technical experience.
- 3+ years of large enterprise or e-business systems experience- preferred, not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Quality Control or Quality Assurance, or a related major.
Public transportation from Alewife is available via the 128 shuttle and drops off in front of our building.